Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem have been married for over 10 years. By Hollywood standards, that’s not enough. And surely, many, looking at this couple in love, will certainly begin to believe in fate and that marriages are made in heaven.
In fact, their romance may have started as early as 1992 (i.e. 29 years ago) on the set of Bigas Luna’s completely unromantic Ham, Ham, where 18-year-old Penelope and 24-year-old Old Xavier was supposed to play some revealing scenes together, but…
1. But then their paths diverged for 15 years.
2. And the couple didn’t love it at first sight…
3. Romance with Tom Cruise, Matthew McConaughey and Matt Damon, Penelope wastes no time…
4. Yes, and Javier Bardem managed to survive a long-term relationship with translator Cristina Piles and romantically married actress María Belén Rueda García-Porrero, who was 4 years his senior.
5. The couple worked together for the second time in Woody Allen’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona in 2008…
6. And this meeting turned out to be fatal!
7. There are rumors that the actress couldn’t get used to the role and Javier volunteered to be her mentor.
8. The partners experienced a lot together, and close cooperation turned into a passionate romance.
9. And despite the fact that the press was already “walking” with full force and the main photos in which celebrities were fixed kissing, Penelope Cruz has long and constantly replied to journalists that she and Javier are only friends.
10. And suddenly, at the closing of the Cannes Film Festival in 2010, Javier, accepting the award, unexpectedly spoke touching words from the stage to Penelope:
“I owe you a lot. I love you so much!”
11. In the same year, the secret lovers legalized their relationship.
12. By the way, John Galliano himself sewed the wedding dress for the bride.
13. Today, the star family has doubled: the couple are raising a son, Leonardo, and a daughter, Luna. And practically does not give informational reasons about himself, but …
14. Each appearance of Penelope and Javier in public is a success for photographers, because such real and sincere feelings are very rare these days.
15. Bardem admitted that he had noticed Cruz for a long time. And he was afraid of her hot and short temper.
16. But such an actress was with other men. With Javier, she finally found happiness and love, became calm and peaceful.
17. “I used to act hysterical. I liked commanding men and acting. Now everything has changed. How nice to listen to the husband and say: “You are right, my dear,” the actress admits.
18. These two really deserve each other. By the way, did you know that Penelope and Javier attached light bulbs to their Oscars and turned them into lamps?
19. Rumor has it that this star couple’s popularity in Spain is several times that of the royal family.
20. And it’s no wonder, because every photo of Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem can be signed with the same name -“It’s love!”